Dal Makhani! The quintessential Punjabi delicacy 'Dal Makhani' has always been a hot favourite amongst the lovers of Punjabi cuisine. But most of us feel that making it at home is difficult. Well, not if you follow this recipe to the T! In '500 Home Chef Recipes' today, Preeti Rohilla of @swadkikahani shows you the easy recipe of making a delicious Dal Makhani at home! Recipe by : https://www.instagram.com/swadkikahani/
Whole Urad Dal (soaked overnight), 200 gms
Chitra Rajma (soaked overnight), 50 gms
Salt, 1 tbsp
Butter, 100 gms
Cumin Seeds, 1 tsp
Onion Paste, 1/2 cup
Ginger-garlic Paste, 2 tsp
Tomato Puree, 1 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Powder, 1 tsp,
Turmeric Powder, 1 pinch
Salt to taste
Raw Milk, 1 cup
Cook for 20 minutes over low flame.
1. Soak both the dals for 7-8 hours or overnight.
2. Next, pressure cook the dal in enough water with salt to taste for 4-5 whistles.
3. Then, melt some butter in a pan and saute cumin seeds in it. Next, add onion paste in it. Cook for 2 minutes and then add ginger-garlic paste in it. Cook until the raw smell goes away.
4. Once the onion paste is cooked, add tomato puree and cook foe another 2 minutes. Then, add red chilli powder, turmeric and salt to taste.
5. Cook until the masala is cooked and the butter leaves the sides.
6. Then, add cooked dal in the masala along with raw milk and stir well. Cook this dal for 15-20 minutes with lid closed. (Note: You can add some water at this point if the dal is too thick.)
7. Now, open the lid and stir once again. Dal Makhani is ready to eat. Garnish with fresh cream, butter and coriander leaves.